Squareroot Construction is entering its 20th year in business offering the highest level of craftmanship and customer service to our remodeling and custom home clients. We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as a Site Superintendent. Above all we are looking for the right fit – a person who loves working on challenging projects and is committed to providing our customers with the very best experience possible. The successful applicant will have at least 2 years’ experience working as a lead carpenter for a home remodeling or custom home builder. Direct experience as a site superintendent is a bonus. We are committed to a strong training and mentorship program to ensure your success at Squareroot.
The Site Superintendent is the primary person responsible for making sure the day-to-day tasks on the job site are being completed. Of equal importance are the following guiding principles that we look for each Squareroot employee to embrace:
- Advocate for your client. Our client’s best interest is at the heart of what we do.
- Build to the highest standards possible. We do not cut corners, or accept mediocrity from our carpenters, subcontractors, or suppliers.
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
- Keep your projects on-schedule, and on-budget.
- The Site Supervisor role at Squareroot is a hands-on working position. Come to the job site everyday prepared to do what it takes to get the job done.
Nuts and Bolts
You will have access to one or two of our carpenters as needed for special tasks. You will take general direction from the Project Manager, but will have the freedom to use the work methods you see fit to get the job done.
- Keep the jobsite safe, clean, organized and secure.
- Be available to the client for scheduled meetings to discuss project details and schedule.
- Come to the job site ready to work. You will be expected to pitch in and lend a hand when needed.
- Make sure you are in regular contact with your Project Manager. Your PM is there to make sure your day goes smoothly, but that can only happen if there are open lines of communication.
- Know your plan sets inside and out. You are the on-site expert.
- Identify Change Orders so that the PM can write them up and get them to the Client.
- Make sure subcontractors estimates are in line with the project budget. If they are not, let the PM know immediately before work starts.
- Make sure materials are ordered correctly and arrive on time for installation.
- Make sure your sub contractors are clearly lined out each day and have everything they need to get the job done.
- Monitor quality on all aspects of the job and make sure the necessary corrections are being made along the way.
- Contact your PM as necessary to clarify design elements and get advice when necessary.
- Make sure Carpenters and subcontractors are following proper safety measures.
- If a task is taking longer or shorter than originally planned, let your PM know immediately so that the necessary adjustments to the schedule can be made.
- Call and attend inspections.
- Haul trailer to the dump when needed.
Pay for this position will be commensurate with your experience and capabilities. Salary range will be between 60 and 70k / year. We also understand that not every person is motivated by the same incentives, and we are open to working with the right candidate to structure a compensation package that works for them.
Please email your interest and a copy of your resume to email@example.com